Sunday 16 December 2007

Love?

What is love? Some would say it is just a word. Others would say it is a complex mixture of chemicals. And many see it has the most wonderful of feelings. But what is it exactly? Let's find out...

First, let me try and explain the many meanings of the word "love". Love can be used to express pleasure (as "I loved spending the day with you") or to express the feeling one has for another (as "I love you"). By now we can see it is a matter of interpretation. And I must remeber you, dear readers, that in different languages, the word "love" is translated in different ways according to the meaning ("love" as pleasure is translated to "adorar/gostar" in portuguese, and "love" as the feeling is translated as "amar" in portuguese). The "love" I will be referring to is the sentimental one.

How to explain love? It is not easy to explain what love is. One has to feel it to know what it is. But the ultimate question now is how to know we are in love? That is easy to explain. Have you ever felt like you can't get away from someone? Ever felt your heart pounding in your chest so hard it hurts you when you are close to someone or when you think of this person? Ever felt excited when you know you are going out with someone? All you think about is that person? Well then, I managed to explain what is the feeling of being in love with someone.

Love is both physical and psychological. Your body knows when you are in love. And it shows other people what you feel. When you are in love, you keep smiling all the time, you are always in a good mood.

And now, in a different matter, lets try and discuss love between people of the same sex. Many people (unfortunately too many) still think that a homossexual (both gay and lesbian) relationship is nothing more than sex. What people don't know is that there can be true love between people of the same sex. I have many gay/lesbian friends, and I must confess I have never seen such a happy couple in my life than a gay couple. People have to understand that love is indifterent to sexual orientation.

I believe I speak for all of us who are in love when I say that love is definatelly the most wonderful feeling ever.

No comments: